Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Old Friends, New Friends

When new friends come along, how do you actually know which friends you should put first? In my opinion, it really just depends on the individual. Like as for me, I wouldn’t really give a damn about my new friends. It isn’t being a bitch or anything, but their “new” friends. Old friends are probably the people you spent most of your time growing up with. Or people that you’ve been through a lot with along the years. So why would you actually even contemplate or weight which one is more important?

Anyway, that’s just my opinion. Everyone has their own views and neither is wrong, it’s just how other people think. I know a guy that drifts from different groups to different groups all the time. He claims that he is just plain “friendly” and that he can mix with anyone. So how would one define this person? Better yet, who can this person count on at times of need? Oh well, he is he and I am me and we’re both very different beings. Friends should be people that you can always count on, not people that drift from group to group talking behind backs. But who cares, as I said, he is he and I am me.

Now that there is a million and one conflicts going on in my close circle of friends, do I realize how important it is to have that one person in the group which I can actually talk to at times of need. And now that some friends seem to be drifting away do I realize that maybe ignoring or not giving a damn about new friends isn’t such a wise move after all. I might be the only one stranded later on and ill only have myself to blame for not having friends. Well, at least I know I’ll always have family ;)

p/s: Don’t lah so perasan some of you. Nobody, especially me, said this entry is about you ;)

No comments: